Here's Power Training advice from the World's Heavyweight Wrestling Champion and one of the most powerful men of all time!
He has got a routine of 3 basic exercises, Bench Press, Curls and Standing Laterals. He used Bench Press as the cornerstone of his training, did 10-12 sets. He started around 300lb, and worked up doing sets of 3-5 reps, then a single with maximum poundag (565lb).
10 sets worked up in 2-rep jumps to his maximum. Then he will do the endurance set for pump.
This is a Bench Press done off boxes, while he is lying on the floor. Because of the limited motion he handles more weigt, usually about 550lb, for 5-7 sets of 3 reps.
- he did not believe in arching. He used to bounce the bar off his chest, but does not recommend this to others.
Incline Dumbbell Presses
- 5 sets of 5 reps with heavy dumbbells. At this time he was training with amazing Karl Norberg. He used 150lb dumbbell
- 5x5 with 125lb dumbbells
- great movement to pump the pecs, even when done with heavy weights
-6 sets of 6-7 reps with 205lb dumbbell
High Pulls (for back and shoulder)
400-425lb 6 sets of 3-4 reps
-8 sets, usually 3-5 reps
-worked up to his maximum of 650lb every workout
-His best in competition: 685lb
- 10 sets of 10 reps with 135lb to 175lb
- He also did cheating curls with 225lb
The above routine used Bruno before he started competing in Wrestling. Since he wrestled he stopped squatting. He used to bodyweight squat to warm up before matches.